Over the past week, bitcoiners everywhere have been focused on the speculative news of China ‘banning’ bitcoin and wondering if the stories were true. According to recent reports from local media and the country’s National Internet Finance Association (NIFA), bitcoin is not ‘illegal,’ but exchanges may face tighter regulatory supervision and might have to cease operations temporarily until they are licensed.
- Regulation Round-Up: Blockchain Tech Lauded in China, ICOs Shunned in the UK, Bitcoin Revered in Finland
- Calvin Ayre Asks Crypto Community For Hurricane Aid – Will Match Donations
- Some Crypto Users Have Lost Bitcoin Cash When Sending to Legacy Bitcoin Wallets
- Chinese Bitcoin Exchanges Face Stricter Regulation and Licensure
- Cryptocurrency Site Coinmarketcap Now Among Top 400 Most Visited Websites Worldwide